Stuck in Software?
We help you design systems that deliver transformation.
featured speaker at …
We Design Systems
We help the systems thinkers, pattern changers and learning-driven leaders deliver impactful change.
- Discover and prioritize changes that unlock competitive advantage.
- Design technology, communication and culture change that will generate innovation.
- Model collaborative, nonlinear thinking that leads to well-structured, impactful improvements.
- Plan iterative action supported by strong, well-considered reasoning.
- Build learning teams that thrive in complexity and deliver innovation.
- Deliver effective workflows that support the new paradigm.
- Invest in the right places and avoid wasting more time staying stuck.
How We Think
Tools for thinking well together when creating systems.
Defining Strategic Thinking
The value of every decision we make depends on the context in which we make it. Frodo’s journey to destroy the ring is meaningful inside the context of Middle Earth. Otherwise, he’s a short, hairy guy with apocalyptic hallucinations.
In this podcast episode, Diana and Andrei talk about partnering with people who are good at covering your blind spots, the process of structuring change and the essential quality called trust.
Why You Need Systemic Reasoning
We are conditioned to think linearly. Valuable things (like software) have emerged from linear thinking. The challenge is that linear thinking is also, assuredly, our biggest blocker when we are systems building.
Speaking Truth to Power
Video of a Virtual Domain-driven design talk. As complexity increases, are you (too often) shouting into the wind? Do you see icebergs ahead yet fail to convince others to avoid them?
Real World Experience
Design a Create Once, Publish Everywhere editing system to replace the legacy print and digital software.
Design a system to share knowledge from software to nearly-infinite people, products and platforms.
The Wikimedia Foundation
Design a digital communication and engagement experience to replace a website.
Global Strategy Group
A technology system is only as strong as the conceptual integrity that binds it.